Guys, I made the most disgusting soup ever and I don’t know what to do about it.

BJ1_9657_1

I’m all about the crock pot, and I’ve been finding my bearings recently.

But guys,

I made the most disgusting food item ever created by human hands yesterday.

And I don’t know what to do about it.

The cheapskate me says
DO NOT WASTE ALL THAT FOOD! YOU SPENT $15 ON ALL THAT! SUCK IT UP AND EAT IT.

But then the trying to be healthy me says
DON’T WASTE THE CALORIES ON SOMETHING YOU HATE. DON’T EAT JUST TO EAT. JUST THROW IT OUT.

But then the recycler me says
THROW IT OUT? NO! CAN’T I FREEZE IT AND THEN USE IT FOR MORE SOUP OR SOMETHING ELSE OR PINTEREST OR SOMETHING OR GIVE IT TO THE HOMELESS?

But then the human me says
I WOULD NOT WISH THIS SOUP UPON MY SWORN ENEMY.

But the social justice me says
EAT IT. THERE ARE STARVING CHILDREN—LITERALLY EVERYWHERE.

But the logical me says
SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT. THIS IS UNSAFE FOR CONSUMPTION. SOMETHING UP IN HERE IN RANCID OR SECRETLY ROTTED AND I COULD LEGIT DIE.

What should I do? It’s sitting in my fridge in 6 different tupperwares.

I made 7 quarts of it.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

• http://www.frillsinthehills.com Melissa
  • http://andreaenright.net Andrea Enright

NO definitely not! My husband and I still talk about how much we adored your ham hock soup! Unfortunately he ate all the ham before I had a chance to make the soup!(And thanks again for it!)

No I am afraid this soup disaster is because I went rogue. I didn’t really follow a recipe i.e. “HOW HARD CAN SOUP BE?”

A friend came over and thinks it was my excessive use of peas (some of them frozen and then steamed and then put back in the freezer…), the fact that I accidentally pureed my onion, celery, and some potato (made the soup texture like baby food), or my bad frozen stock.

It’s the world’s great mystery! But I’m sticking to recipes from now on! Also, gonna steer clear of soup for a while. Scarred.

• Pingback: Sunday Best 1.5.14 » honesty with andrea e.

• Pingback: Can we talk about pap smears? » honesty with andrea e.

• Pingback: One Year of Blogging!